"I will sing of Your mercies that lead me through Valleys of Sorrow to Rivers of Joy."
~Jars of Clay


My precious and magnificent blessings...

Saturday, August 2, 2008

I think the funk is lifting...

Feeling better today and I am thankful.

Played a little paintball with my family and some great friends all morning. We all have the bruises to prove it. Then, we went swimming at a friend's for the afternoon. It was nice and relaxing - full of fun and blessings.

A friend brought her newest addition to the pool and he is just precious. I held him and loved him and put him to sleep by swaying, patting, bouncing and shhhhing. He just melted in my arms. Boy, I miss that but I was OK with giving him back and that is HUGE in my book. Some days the pain is still there and too much to bear and on some days I can not imagine going back to that place in parenting. I think that is what I call progress. Not that I wouldn't ever do it all over again but the fact that I am OK with not having a baby on most days is good enough for me.

1 day to go and I am feeling like I can do it. God has worked on me and has comforted me since my last post 48 hours ago and I feel like the "funk" is lifting.

On to celebrating new memories, new chapters, and new life... even if they do not come from me. (:

2 comments:

Melissa said...

I've kept checking the clock to tell you "Happy Birthday!" right at midnight. ;)

Today I will be thinking about you and celebrating right along with you for all that you have in your life. And, I will pray for peace through many more birthdays. xoxo

Melissa said...

Well, my comment says 10:07pm, but it's really 12:02am!